The history of the University of Notre Dame in Chile extends back three quarters of a century when the Congregation of Holy Cross established its first educational institution in Latin America: Saint George’s College in Santiago, Chile. The Archdiocese of Santiago founded the school in 1936, and the Congregation of Holy Cross began running Saint George in 1943. Today, with more than 3,000 students, Saint George’s is one of Chile’s mostly prestigious colegios (educating primary through secondary students), with a long and proud tradition of educating the country’s future civic, social, business, cultural, and political leaders. The congregation subsequently expanded its range of educational and pastoral apostolates in Latin America to Brazil, Haiti, Mexico, and Peru. The 75th anniversary celebrations for Saint George’s, in November 2011, constituted a powerful example of the diverse interests, initiatives, and resources existing through the University’s relationship with Chile and highlighted opportunities upon which the University can continue to build. In addition to the presence of University leadership, the celebrations brought together thousands of Saint George alumni, many of whom are among the most powerful and respected members of Chilean society. The multiple units at Notre Dame, including the Kellogg Institute for International Studies, the Center for Civil and Human Rights, the undergraduate study abroad program, and the Alliance for Catholic Education (ACE) have engaged in deep ways in partnership in Chile over the past decades.